Now, more than ever before, mission critical agencies are seeking more effective methods for reducing the threat of the novel coronavirus. A new technology supplements the conventional methods of hand washing and cleaning.
New Technology Disinfects 911 Dispatch Consoles
The UVC germicidal wand allows you to quickly disinfect and sanitize console workstations, desktops, communal work areas, mail and more, mitigating the impact of common bacteria, viruses, and fungi on team health. An advantage to using the UVC light is that it can be implemented quickly throughout the day and with little disruption to the work area.
How UVC Light Works
UVC Germicidal Wand Disinfects High-Touch Areas
Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) and other mission critical and command and control teams can benefit from this dry light application. The lightweight device is simple to use and can be deployed with minimal disruption.
- Hard to clean/reach surfaces
- Hand controls
- Keyboards and mice
- Moisture sensitive desktop equipment
- Door knobs and light fixtures
- Bathrooms and kitchenettes
- Mobile phones
- Other inaccessible areas that require frequent wipe downs
More UVC Wand Features and Specifications
- Lightweight aluminum housing is sturdy, yet weighs less than 5lbs.
- Ergonomic handle maximizes grip comfort.
- Polished reflector maximizes UVC intensity.
- Dimensions: 18”L x 5”W x 6.25”H with 6 foot power cord.
- Uses one shatterproof germicidal UVC lamp, rated for 12,000 hours.
The concentrated UVC light deactivates (kills) viruses and other pathogens. The UVC light is powerful enough to cause injury if misused. When using any chemical disinfecting solution or UVC product, users should carefully follow manufacturer provided instructions. A leading manufacturer of UVC handheld and mobile units had this to share, “any material will be an impediment to the UVC going any further than the material surface – be it gloves, ceramic, wood, or polycarbonate (eye protection).” Like chemical disinfectants, the UVC light should never be used directly on your skin or shined in your eyes as it will cause damage to both if used irresponsibly. Long sleeves, gloves and eye protection should be used with any UVC device. UVC light device manufacturers provided full safety instructions and some provide applicable PPE including glasses and gloves.
- PSAP Heath and Safety
- Conventional Disinfecting Methods for Your Mission Critical Consoles
- COVID Resources for Public Safety Teams
Contact us today to learn more about commercial quality UVC germicidal wands.