If your center is considering new console furniture within the next few years, consider the top 3 recommendations from 911 centers who recently replaced aging dispatch consoles.
1 “IT’S NEVER TOO EARLY TO BEGIN YOUR RESEARCH”
Explore multiple options to ensure you find the best fit for your team.
- Styles – including corner, linear, freestanding, side-by-side
- Features – consider the benefits of height-adjustment, environment controls and status indicators
- Space planning options
2 “MAKE TIME TO GET A DETAILED BUDGET”
To increase your chance of budget approval, obtain detailed quotes.
- Include all desired product accessories and highlight value showing user benefits.
- CAUTION: Budgets developed without the proper research may force your 911 center to select lower quality consoles that lack highly desired user features.
3 “USE VARIOUS RESOURCES TO INFORM YOUR DECISION”
- Endorsements from other PSAPs
- Regional console furniture experts/ On-site visits
- Manufacturer websites
- National and regional conference expos
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Purpose built console furniture delivers user ergonomic and comfort features and stellar tech integration capabilities.