Last updated on October 11th, 2023 at 08:33 pm
If your center is considering new console furniture within the next few years, consider the top 3 recommendations from 911 centers that recently replaced aging dispatch consoles.
1. IT’S NEVER TOO EARLY TO BEGIN YOUR RESEARCH
- Explore multiple options to ensure you find the best fit for your team.
- Styles – including corner, linear, freestanding, side-by-side
- Features – consider the benefits of height adjustment, environment controls, and status indicators
- Space planning options
2. MAKE TIME TO GET A DETAILED BUDGET
- To increase your chance of budget approval, obtain detailed quotes.
- Include all desired product accessories and highlight value showing user benefits.
CAUTION: Budgets developed without the proper research may force your 911 center to select lower-quality consoles that lack highly desired user features.
3. USE VARIOUS RESOURCES TO INFORM YOUR DECISION
- Endorsements from other PSAPs
- Regional console furniture experts
- Command & Control Console options
- On-site & Virtual visits
- National and regional conference expos
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Purpose-built console furniture delivers user ergonomic and comfort features and stellar tech integration capabilities.