Last updated on October 11th, 2023 at 08:26 pm
At Russ Bassett, we understand that your mission-critical team has its own unique challenges. That’s why we’ve created multiple styles of customizable command consoles, each with its own features to make your workflow easier.
Our two most popular command and control console styles are Flex and Define. Let’s break down what each console style offers and the differences between the two.
What Both Console Styles Offer
Both Flex and Define consoles offer all the function and durability our customers have come to expect from Russ Bassett. We’ve combined the most important features for mission-critical, 24/7 environments, including:
- Single, height-adjustable console surface
- Monitor adjustment: 12” electric height adjustment, 8” manual focal depth adjustment, All monitors move together, preserving tilt and peripheral angles.
- Full electric sit-to-stand height adjustment
- A Slatwall Array that maximizes vertical space and holds a variety of monitor sizes and configurations, including large format, double stacks, and curved screens
- A Rear Shroud that houses monitor power and cabling
Flex Command Consoles
Our Flex command consoles are designed to provide flexible functioning for mission-critical spaces. With heavy-duty lifting legs for sturdy sit-stand height adjustment and Endure edges for comfort and durability, you can trust these consoles to last.
Your team can choose between corner consoles, linear consoles, or a blend of both. Both styles consume a similar footprint and support good ergonomics.
Flex command consoles offer a variety of unique features, including:
- A steel technology wall with secure storage space
- Modular steel framework and technology cabinets with pull-out shelves
- Perforated steel that provides passive cooling for equipment
- A convenient control dashboard with surface and monitor height adjustment, plus up to 5 additional controls including climate controls, quick-connect USB ports, dimmers for task and ambient lights, and a status indicator light supervisor alert
Define Command Consoles
Our Define command consoles were developed for the emerging needs of mission-critical teams. This space-efficient design offers an expansive primary workspace, unencumbered knee space, and space-saving storage solutions.
There are four surface shapes and multiple sizes to choose from, each of which includes non-handed storage:
- Corner control console desks
- Corner wrap command center desks
- Linear control center desks
- Linear wrap control room consoles
Define also offers a brighter aesthetic with enduring wood tones, metal, and calming neutral fabrics and accents. You can choose from one of 10 designer-recommended finish schemes, or create your own palette.
Some of the unique features of our Define command consoles include:
- A base frame that holds equipment and nests along the back of the console, just under the surface
- Tech pods that allow you to store additional large format equipment under the surface, away from the user’s leg space
- An ultra-quiet fan and vented panels in technology storage areas to keep equipment cool
- Easy-mount brackets that make maintenance and upgrades a breeze
- A tackable, acoustic divider surrounding the console
- Dual-sided storage components to conserve space between positions
- Front and rear panels that provide dual access to equipment
- Thoughtful cable management that includes a base frame for power and data connections, technology cabinets designed for rear pass through and routing to surface level controls, cable chases, troughs, and energy chains to route cables throughout the console
- A convenient control dashboard that includes surface and monitor height adjustment, climate controls, dimmers for task and ambient lights, convenience power and data for charging personal devices, and quick-connect USB ports
Which Command Consoles Are Right For You?
If you are looking for a flexible console model that can be customized to your team’s unique needs, Flex consoles are a great choice. We have all the important features you need with an intuitive user interface and ultra-durable construction.
If your team is seeking a more space-efficient solution, needs acoustic dividers between consoles, or would prefer a brighter aesthetic, Define consoles may be a better fit.
To see the differences between our Flex and Define consoles in depth, you can set up a 360 Degree Virtual Tour with us. During your tour, a Russ Bassett guide will walk your team through our showroom and tune in to the console types and features you want to see. You can ask questions and direct the camera in real time to explore any and all console details.